The Houston Chronicle
- This was the first story I wrote for the Chronicle, and it was my favorite. I mean, you don’t often get to hear a grown man ask “What would Jesus do? I think he would give food and water to the kitties.” Pure gold. Since this was my first story for the Chronicle, I thought I’d impress all the editors by turning in 40 inches of kitty cat captivation. Turns out they didn’t even read the thing before telling me to cut it in half. Those editors didn’t know a good thing when they saw it!
- This one was a sad one. Especially for animal lovers. But it was a powerful one to write. It wasn’t a break story or anything (although it did make A1!).And though it wasn’t a “fun” story to work on, the process of writing it is one I’ll never forget.
- I think this one was supposed to be not very fun to write. It was probably supposed to be a “Give-the-intern-something-to-do type story,” but I actually had a great time meeting all of the people who sold those fireworks in Galveston.
- This was me in college. Bantering with a good friend of mine about Valentine’s Day. Typically meaningless articles for the college newspaper.
- JOHN MAYER REVIEW, written as the number 1 JM fan. Just kidding. There are way crazier fanatics out there, but I have been to five of his concerts.
- And why I loved writing for my college newspaper.